The Roundhouse Guest house is our own 4* rated Guesthouse situated in De Kelders, facing and overlooking Gansbaai, approximately 2km away from thetown. Gansbaai is still an active fishing village and these waters are some of the best along the southern African coastline for commercial fishing. The harbour is full of life with its population of commercial fishing boats and hoards of visitors to the area fishing the rich waters. The town boasts a large fish factory which processes fish oil, fish flower (for cattle feed) and canned pilchards, on occasion when in full production, the factory produces a rather ripe odour but as the locals say "It's the smell of money!"
De Kelders has recently become known worldwide for its excellent land based whale watching. The town boasts a large population of Southern Right and Humpback whales along the coastline between De Kelders and Hermanus. Hermanus is known worldwide for its beauty and its whales, but as many are realising, De Kelders is quite a unique natural gem. Although for night life and entertainment, the town can't compete with Hermanus (it is a small district with only a bakery and pub), for for those wanting to get away from the hustle and bustle and to enjoy the quiet and inspiring coastline it is ideal.
Our Guest house boasts the following:
- 4* rated!
- 4 Luxury Suites each with own living room. (Make your room your home for your stay)
- Whale Watching Deck
- Spectacular panoramic views of Gansbaai town, Danger point lighthouse, Walker Bay, Hermanus, Betty's Bay, Hangklip, Cape Point (on a clear day) and of course the coastline and its population of Whales. There are not many places where all can be seen from the same viewpoint.
- Thatched Entertainment area - For Guests Only
- DVD - Complementary Movies by request in the Bar
- Projector and large screen for conferencing
- Fireplace - For those cold winter evenings
- 'Crows Nest' - Offering stunning views over Gansbaai & Walker Bay
- TV - In Each Suite
- Wireless Internet hotspot
- Stereo with CD - In Each Suite
- Bath & built in Shower - In each Suite
- 2 minute walk to the beach
- 1 Minute walk to the local Bakery
- 2 Minute walk to the most popular Pub & Grill in Gansbaai
- All Suites can have a King Size Bed/Twin beds by request
- Guests can have complete privacy if wished
- The Roundhouse is furnished with hand made African style decor giving it a real African feel
- Guaranteed quality for value
The Roundhouse wants to offer you, the guests visiting Gansbaai a unique experience where you can live for your duration's stay in complete comfort and privacy in your accommodation if wished or mix with the other guests in the bar area and entertainment deck. The Interior is based on a modern African theme with carved stone statues, stone cladding and luxury finishes. We really want you to be relaxed here and have an experience to remember. Gansbaai and De Kelders is very relaxing and away from the hustle and bustle of Hermanus so once you get here you can slow down and relax.